Adoption Events and Process
Currently our adoption events are suspended at PetPeople in Birmingham, MI. We are typically there with a limited number of dogs from 12-4pm.
Previously, we required that potential adopters complete an application in person at the event and have a face-to-face interview with a volunteer but this is now being completed online.
To start the adoption process, please look at the Facebook or Petfinder to see a list of the adoptable dogs. To inquire on a specific dog, please contact us. Please include your name, phone number and email address so that we can get in contact with you. We then will send you an application and follow up with a vet check and home visit.
Precautions due to COVID-19:
- Adoption Events: On hold currently due to space restrictions.
- Applications: Applications are now being sent electronically rather than in person. Face-to-Face interviews with a volunteer is no longer required, and questions can be answered through the phone or email.
- Home Visit: The person conducting the home visit will wear a mask. Anyone interacting with our volunteers must wear a mask. Photos of your home can be sent to the rescue so that time in your house is limited.
- There is no evidence that dogs can spread the virus that causes COVID-19 to humans. The risk of human to animal transmission remains small.
Our Adoption/Fostering Process
**We are currently revising our adoption process due to COVID-19. Please be patient as we are attempting to maintain the safety of our staff/volunteers while ensuring the best possible placements for our dogs.**
We do require that potential adopters/fosters complete an application in person, and a face to face interview with a group representative. We do home inspections and cannot drive more than an hour. Fully fenced yard is required for our bully breed dogs and all puppy adoptions. All adult dogs have a one time adoption donation of $275. All puppies have a one time adoption donation of $300. If the dog is over 6 months of age, spaying and neutering is performed by the rescue and at the rescue’s cost.
We Serve the Following Cities, Towns, and/or Counties:
- The Metro Detroit area, including Wayne, Oakland & Macomb Counties.
We cannot accommodate out of state adoptions. Thank you for your interest in adopting or fostering!
Have additional questions? Visit our FAQ page for more information.